Are you struggling to let go of your incredibly high standards, self doubt or criticism?
Did you used to write or express yourself creatively?
What changed or caused you to stop? When did you decide that your dreams were no longer important?
This is an invitation to welcome the beauty of Autumn into your life. Join us from tomorrow night (Wednesday 31st May) for our introductory course and understand why you are the way you are, let go of the stories that no longer serve you and change the way you see yourself that leaves you feeling confident and excited about your life.
Here are ten ways to kill off your inner critic and allow yourself to dream again:
1. Focus on creating and celebrating creative rituals and habits. Decide to do one thing differently and commit to yourself and the process. Just start by making one small change to your daily routine.
2. Give yourself permission to be happy. Give yourself permission to be sad. Give yourself permission to feel without judgment. Let the pages of your journal hold the pain that you are carrying and then let it go.
3. Stop using the words ‘can’t and won’t’ when it comes to what you are capable of doing. When did you decide that you were not good enough? Is that thought yours or did someone else put that idea into your head? Whose lies have you turned into truth?
4. Life is not black and white. Be careful when using the words ‘always’ and ‘never’. Take responsibility for your actions. Own the part you play in relationships. If you feel that you are giving too much or that the other person does not respect you, you have the right to put yourself first. Put boundaries in where necessary. People treat you the way they do because you allow them to.
5. Change your environment. Taking a walk in nature can make a huge difference in changing your perspective and mindset. Leave your phone at home and be present to the world.
6. Challenge yourself to learn and grow. Educate yourself. Read. Spend less time on social media. Learn a new language or a new skill. Do the work because you are worth it.
7. Practice random acts of kindness. Give without expecting anything. Make it your mission to make a stranger smile today. Be kind to yourself. Take yourself out.
8. Get out of your head. Get off of your phone. Open your journal and get present. Find somewhere quiet and meditate. Embrace silence.
9. Stop looking for affirmations outside of yourself. Stop comparing your joy away. Stop looking at what you don’t have.
Give thanks for what you do have. On your way to work or while doing the dishes or when going for a walk, list all the things, people and experiences that you are grateful for that happened in the last 24 hours. Give thanks out loud or in silence.
10. Take note of what you spend most of your time thinking or talking about. Are the words you use mainly positive or negative?
If you find yourself starting to criticize yourself, stop the thought. Distract yourself with something that makes you feel good. You do not have to justify feeling good. You are enough and you matter.
Change is inevitable. What would your life be like if you could just let go and welcome it? Is life happening to you or are you living a life that allows you to create, dream and feel inspired and empowered? It’s going to take some work but you have everything it takes.
We still have a few spaces left for our introductory course, Writing Scared which starts tomorrow night, Wednesday 31st May. If you put down a small deposit by the end of today, there is still time to get our discount. You still have time to make a change. Stop waiting for the perfect moment. Stop doubting yourself or creating excuses. Get out of your fear and make the change that you have been looking for. Stop waiting for somebody else to rescue you or fix you.
You are not broken, you just need a breakthrough.
For more course information, please click on the link below :
Please note that spaces are limited and bookings are made on a first come, first served basis. Payment plans are available.
We will be changing up our courses in the next few months so take note that this may be the last time to do this course for 2017.
For all our course and workshop information, go to https://tellyourstorywithwriteon.wordpress.com/courses-and-workshops
Bookings can be made via email or directly from our website via our contact form.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you enjoyed reading this blog post and know of someone that you think would benefit from these words, please support us by spreading the word.
Tell your story, change your life and Write On!