You might still be wondering why you should take one of our writing courses. After all, how could writing make a difference in your life?
Could writing your story really have a deep and profound impact?
Here are 5 unexpected ways writing will change you for the better.
1. Writing down your thoughts and feelings will allow you space – space so that you can stop obsessing and over analysing about things that you feel you have no power or control over. It’s a cathartic way of processing inner conflicts or negative thoughts and by writing them down, you begin to release them.
2. We are living in an age where most people share their daily lives online but are starting to forget how to connect with themselves and each other. We may be documenting what we look like, where we are and even what we’re eating but are finding it harder to share and process our rich emotional inner lives. By journalling, you will increase your sense of gratitude and will be able to see how far you have come and how your thoughts have developed.
3. Writing can hold your negative emotions but also allows you to think big and dream. We often avoid writing down our dreams for fear that they either will or won’t come true. By writing down what you want, you create a world of possibility. This provides clarity and motivation and reduces the chance of falling into self sabotage or self-limiting beliefs.
4. Writing down your secrets gives you a safe space to explore things, you may not yet feel comfortable sharing for fear of judgment or disapproval from others. The page does not judge you and if you write about things that are particularly negative – rip up or burn the pages afterwards. Watch symbolically as those negative feelings burn away.
5. Writing will help you connect to who you are. By writing down your story, you will gain insight as to why you are the way you are and what makes you tick.
We are ultimately a combination of the stories we tell ourselves about who we are, who we were and who we could be – are you the hero in your life story? If not, why not? You are the author of your life and your story matters. Every choice you make has an impact on the people around you and starting today, you can begin the journey back to you through writing.
If you want to join us for our upcoming introductory course, but still feel like you have nothing to say or don’t know how to start – leave it to us to help you take that first step. Everyone has to start at the beginning so stop letting your fear or negativity win and give yourself the chance. You already have so many stories within you from all the people you know, places you have been, jobs you have done and experiences you have had. It’s time for you to to tell your story without fear of judgment or criticism.
Make the commitment and sign up for Writing Scared – our most popular course starting on Wednesday 9th March 2016. This is a reminder that all newsletter subscribers receive over 10% off the course price if a deposit is put down by Monday the 7th of March. Please remember to mention that you are a subscriber when making your booking to be eligible for the discount. Bookings are made on a first come, first served basis and spaces are limited. Payment plans are available.
For more course information, clink on the following link: Writing Scared – Introductory Course
*This blog post was originally posted in the 39th edition of the Write On! newsletter. It’s free to subscribe and newsletter subscribers get exclusive discounts and are first to know about our course. Sign up today and Write On!